This site last updated on November 12, 2014
Important information from Robert Reed to his fans! [UPDATED NOVEMBER 2013!]
Visit Bob's new blog — The Difficult Art of Tomorrow [last update: September 19 2014]
Visit Bob's other new film commentary blog — Reshaping Light [last update: August 7 2014]
THE LATEST NEWS: [see the News page for older news...]
- November 2014 — Bob's Hugo-nominated novella "Truth", from the Oct/Nov 2007 Asimov's, has been optioned for a film under the title "Prisoner X", and the producers have set up an IndieGoGo campaign to raise funds for its production. Bob's newest story, "Pernicious Romance", appears in the November 2014 Clarkesworld online magazine. Bob's new novella, "The Cryptic Age", appears in the December 2014 Asimov's.
- October 2014 — An interview with Bob appears in the October 2014 Clarkesworld online magazine.
- September 2014 — Destiny -- the videogame that Bob has been working on with Bungie for several years, premieres this month, via the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One gaming platforms. Bob's new short story "Will He?" appears in the Sep/Oct 2014 issue of F&SF.
- August 2014 — Bob appeared this month at LonCon 3, the 2014 WorldCon, in London England - August 14th through 17th [see his schedule on the Appearances page]. Also: Bob's latest Reshaping Light story blog entry - One City - is an all-new short story -- another of Bob's responses to recent popular films. This month, Bob had two new stories appear in two brand-new anthologies: "Aether" in the British anthology Paradox, and "Sarcophagus" in the US anthology Upgraded.
- July 2014 — Bob has been named Author Guest-of-Honor at ConStellation 6, to be held May 8-10, 2015 at the Holiday Inn Downtown, in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- June 2014 — Bob's new short story "wHole" appears at Clarkesworld. Also: Bob's latest two Reshaping Light story blog entries - Far-farfetched and Khan - are both all-new short stories.
- May 2014 — Bob's story "Mystic Falls" is a finalist for the Sturgeon Award. Also, Bob's story "Precious Mental" is a finalist for the Locus Award.
- April 2014 — At ConStellation V convention, Robert Reed reveals that he's been a consultant on the development of the new videogame Destiny, from Bungie. The game will be available September 9, 2014. Bob provides a detailed description of his involved in a new entry in his The Difficult Art of Tomorrow writing blog.
- April 2014 — Bob's latest Reshaping Light blog entry - Carnage - is an all-new short story -- Bob's response to a recent popular film.
- March 2014 — Brief interview with Bob appears at Shelf Awareness.
- February 2014 — Bob has a new novella -- "The Principles" -- in the April/May 2014 issue of Asimov's. His blog entry on 2/23/2014, One Chapter Before Breakfast, accompanies that story, providing background information.
- February 2014 — Bob's new novel -- actually a trilogy in one volume, The Memory of Sky, is available for purchase as an eBook as of early February; the traditional printed edition is also scheduled for publication on February 19th.
- February 2014 — A short interview with Bob appears in the KidsEBookBestsellers Blog.
- February 2014 — Bob's collection The Greatship and four of his individual stories were included in the Locus Recommended Reading List for 2013, in the February 2014 issue of Locus Magazine.
- November 2013 — Bob's fixup novel The Greatship is now available to order as an e-book or print-on-demand. Publication was scheduled for Nov 2013 (e-book) and Dec 2013 (POD)
- Fall 2013 — A Q&A Interview with Bob is the cover story of the Fall 2013 issue of the Heritage Room of Nebraska Authors newsletter.
- September 2013 — Bob appeared at the Brooklyn Book Festival, Sunday, September 22nd in Brooklyn, NY.
- July 2013 — Bob's novella Eater-of-Bone came in 3rd place in the Sturgeon Award voting.
- May 2013 — Bob's novella "Murder Born" won the Asimov's Readers Choice Award for works published in 2012! Bob also started a second new blog — Reshaping Light.
- April 2013 — Bob started a new blog on Blogspot — The Difficult Art of Tomorrow. Bob has a new novelette, "Grizzled Veterans of Many and Much" in the May/June 2013 issue of F&SF, on sale in late April